INVERTER DRIVEN CHILLERS VARIABLE SPEED DRIVE – REVERSE CYCLE FUNCTION
This marine chiller unit line provides the best of the existing technology: brushless DC motor with inverter that constantly control speed and power delivered by the compressor (Variable Speed Drive). R410A eco-friendly refrigerant. Two sizes available: 42.000 e 62.000 BTU/h with modular combination to obtain systems with higher cooling power
Benefits in marine applications:
• No current peaks during start-up phase
• Highest energy efficiency: Overall reduction of electricity consumption (-45%)
• It can operates with small generators
• Very low Compressor noise and vibrations
• Small volume and weights compared to the cooling capacity
• Temperature stability at fancoil air outlet
Comfort: The compressor continuously changes the frequency/running speed and consequently its cooling power. In this way, the chiller water loop temperature remains constant, regardless of power drawn by the fancoils. This guarantees the maximum comfort – thanks to the temperature stability of air- and the best efficiency, adapting continuously the cooling power to the real need. As result, the compressor will operate at maximum power to cool rapidly the rooms, but coming closer to the set temperature, it will reduce its power and consumption.
Reliability: “Brushless DC” compressors, together with variable capacity operation, eliminate the typical ON/OFF function of the traditional systems. This allows a much longer lifetime to all the electrical and mechanical components.
Silence: Thanks to its function and its sound proofing cover, the compressor has minimal sound levels. This is appreciated especially during night operation.
NIGHT mode: It is possible to limit the maximum output power to a preselected value (factory 40%) simply pressing a button. This means the possibility to limit the max current requested, with no risk to break down the shore power if weak and, in double genset applications, it is possible to use the small and quiet night generator.
Modular: A number of units can be combined together in order to obtain the maximum power needed: for example, to get 250.000 BTU/h as max power, it is enough to install 4 units of 62.000 BTU/h in parallel. The units will regulate automatically in order to guarantee always the pre- determined value temperature with the lowest energy consumption.
Inverter-VSD Uflex VELAIR marine chillers units meet EMC 2004/108/EC directives.
ACCESSORIES For a complete installation the following accessories are needed:
• Seawater pump
• Water pump for chilled loop
• Seawater loop components (sea water intake, water outlet, strainer, safety valve and pipeline)
• Chilled water loop components (insulated pipes, fittings, valves, bleeders, accumulator tank and glycols)
• Air ducting parts (insulated pipe, dividers, transition box, air grills)